00:39

Weeds & Wildfowers Kit: Doodly Patterns

I found this kit, Doodly Patterns, as a freebie at a digital scrapbooking site called Weeds & Wildflowers. I really love it! And I'm happy with what I was able to do with it. I have come to find that I digi scrap best when I have someone else's layout to look at, and then tweak it to my own needs. To see what I mean, check out my inspiration which is a page by Kenna aka: ratherBscrappin, a designer for W&W, entitled "The Boys of Summer."

To download the Doodly Patterns freebie kit, click on the link and when you get to the W&W blog, click on the pic of the kit, and it should start downlaoading from there.



Credits:
Kit: Doodly Patters from Weeds & Wildflowers
Fonts: Letter Gothic Std, Lithos Pro, Ketter Gothic Std

When building this page, I was feeling a bit discouraged, because I couldn't figure out how to put a grungy edge on as a border to the background paper, like in Kenna's page. But eventually, I realized that my page was going to need something more what with the vibrant colors my kids were wearing in the photos. So I ended up using the orange from the flower as the color for the thin border. It just seems to finish it off well and bring it all together.

And then, I was a bit disgruntled about not being able to figure out how to wrap the swirls around the stem of the flower, but after thinking about it for a bit I realized that if I layered the swirl on top of the flower, all I needed to do was erase the swirl on top to reveal the stem beneath it! (yeah, if I stare at it long enough...it comes to me. :D ) I used the same technique on the right swirl when at the top, the swirl is layered on top of the pic, and then at the bottom it is behind the frame. Pretty cool, yeh? I think so too. :D

5 comments:

TheMathes4 said...

I've never actually looked on here before, but it's totally cute! I should get into digital scrapbooking. Can you print the pages out when you're done, or are they just for viewing online???
Jess

Amie said...

Yes ma'am! You can print them off on your printer at home, or have an online printing co. do it for you, and if you'd like, they'll even bind if all up for you in an album. Pretty nice, yeh? Like at snapfish.com

TheMathes4 said...

Well that's cool!

Kay said...

Not only do I like what you did with this page, but I absolutely love your blogsite heading. It's beautiful!!! You have quite a talent, there kiddo.

Amie said...

Thanks! But I can't take all the credit~ it's a new template on blogger....(shhhh!)