14:34

02/06/09 The Pioneer Woman

Black Heels to Tractor Wheels

I just have to share this site with you all. I don't know if you've ever ventured onto her site before... but she's amazing, and down-to-earth-funny too.

And although she's called The Pioneer Woman, she is not a Mormon. I guess 'The Pilgrim Woman' just didn't suit in the end.

Anyways, a little bit about her and how I found her~

A friend of mine referred her to me to check out her photography. I've been hooked ever since.

But not only that... she's really a *great* and talented writer. She's written, and blogged about her whole encounter of meeting and falling in love with her husband. And this one is A TRUE STORY. So go ahead and invest your feelings and become bonded with her and all that (as opposed to My Super Hopeless Romance, which was good too, only I felt gypped when I found out it was fiction.)

Ree Drummand, aka PW, was somewhat of a city-girl-wanna-be while growing up. So when she was old enough, she moved out to California for college. She lived the life, was into the beach, shopping only the best of the best in fashion, and all that fun expensive stuff.

Then she moved home for a couple of months until she made her move to Chicago, her next big city adventure.

Only... she didn't get that far.

All because of Marlboro Man, aka her husband.

It's so stinkin' funny how she likes to say she went from Black Heels to Tractor Wheels, as her husband is a cattle rancher and his life is tied to his land, so to speak. She now keeps us all abreast of her goings on at the ranch and all the fun stuff she gets to do and learn, along with having to homeschool her 4 kids since the closest bit of civilization is a 2 hour drive away!

But I have to warn you: you'll be hooked for DAYS reading from the very begining, should you choose to start. And then once you're caught up, you'll go through withdrawls as she only posts new segments every couple of weeks. But...

Fun stuff. Check her out. Tell me what you think.


red

Oh! And there's a great Giveaway for a couple KitchenAid mixers on her cooking link today. All ya gotta do is post a comment on what your favorite chocolate is! Have fun!

0 comments: