13:30

1/1/09 HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009!!!


It is officially the new year! And even though this post will show up as Jan. 2nd, I still haven't gone to sleep/bed yet from Jan. 1st! So to me that still counts as the 1st. :)

Anyway...

The reason I've been up late is because I've been playing with the idea of doing a photo-a-day for 365 days project. I know. Quite daunting, isn't it? Although I'm quite keen on the idea, I think I had better start out small and make my way up slowly with a photo-a-day for a week sort of project. Then on up to a photo-a-day for a month and so on. That way I won't be setting myself up for disappointment, don't you think?

So...just to cover my bases I went down and took a quick photo for the day.

And even though it is now the end of the day, and already into the next, I officially DID take the shot when it was still technically, Jan. 1st 2009, Mountain Standard Time. (So there.) Do you want to see them? Each day? Or a week at a time? (The latter actually sounds a bit better to me, for then I'll have the time to make sure they're not simply the SOOC (shot out of camera), or bare bones of a pic, so to speak. Love that Photoshop!)

After which I promptly loaded the pic into my computer.

That's when things started becoming time consuming. Browsing through my old photos I found some fab ones of a drive we took up the canyon (just for me~ as it is a *must*... for my birthdays), and the leaves were changing colors. I'll have to tweak a few of them first in photoshop (only to make the amazing colors pop, of course. Although some of them could do quite well on their own, actually.)

But first, I'd like to share with you the *most* time consuming project of the evening (or night-time really): My Son (he's such a good sport at posing for me, sweet boy) These are of last summer when I was taking Candace Stringham's photography class called Oh Shoot! And thought I'd share with you what I ended up with through some tweaking in Photoshop. Enjoy!




Actions Used: Boost, Soft & Faded, and Quick Edge Burn from Pioneer Woman, Set 1

And, of course, this is the natural progression which took place during the photo shoot. What is it with boys and bugs?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh! nice pics! and i LURV that idea! it would be awesome to see a bundle of new photoes a week.