13:01

11/13/08 Freebies

Phew! I just found my sewing machine today! I have to tell you that I've been searching for it for about 3 weeks now, and I literally bumped into it in my garage today! But I have to tell you that, even though I'm not an avid sewer, I do like to pull it out now and then either for quick fix 'em's or for the ocassional project.

Well~ about a month ago from now, I saw this adorable quilt in my neighborhood quilt shop, and had to purchase everything in order to make it! It looked like this:
A Piece of Cake Quilt Kit

Now I know it looks kind of busy, but up close and personal it's just *me!*

And it's an *EASY* one too! (At least that's what I'm told...) Which is simply *perfect* for me, if ya know what I mean.

Anyways, I was working on a project with my Mom about a month ago at her house, which is when I took my sewing machine over there. Well, I thought I left it at her place since I was going to just be back there the next time I was going to work on our project. Then when I needed it....IT WASN'T THERE.

Where did it go? I kept asking myself. (and to my Mom too) I could've sworn I'd left it there, and it wouldn't have really surprised me if they lost it somewhere in their (somewhat) new home where there are still pile after pile of boxes.

I was convinced it was there. Especially after I'd literally gone through every...single.....box.... in my garage. Myself! Although it was not to be found.

Well, today comes along, and every now and then I get the urge to see what *we* still haven't unpacked from our move back to the States from the UK last spring, and...

THERE IT WAS! SITTING AT THE BOTTOM OF A TALL STACK OF BOXES I'D THOUGHT WERE.....EMPTY.

Figures. But at least I can now start on my fun quilt! (I'm really excited! Can you tell?)






























0 comments: